Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

1930's Dress Commission COMPLETED

I have to say, that when I took this on, I was daunted, I knew that it would be a challenge, and I love challenges. This one pushed my creative process to the limit (we all have one, writers and seamstresses and actors etc...we all have a cycle). I would like to give a shout out to Aria, proprietress of Aria Couture and a new friend of mine who I know will become a staple here at ABD Designs. She was instrumental in getting me through my process while sharing her extensive know how with me. Trial by fire and error happens to me, and did during this as well, but she helped me make less of those. And she's awesome. Even The Petite Charlotte "helped". I would also like to shout out to Melody Rossiter,  the drafting guru! She was instrumental in the process of taking the pattern given and turning it into the back that Mrs. Mari wanted.

The measurements she sent me were a little odd, including a 29 inch waist and a 41 inch hip, but being who I am with a 15 inch difference in the measurements of my waist and hips, I made to her specs.

So, I will close with the pics. I now have a no sew day tomorrow, followed by an article for The Belletrist for Mrs. Cunningham as well sewing on Thursday to make diaper covers for little Master Logan and a trip to Seattle to make visits than on to the mock up for the fall front pants that have been tentatively ordered by the proprietress of Wells and Verne. If she likes the mock up, we will start the process to get my trousers into a store. No rest for the weary. :) Yay!
The Petite Charlotte helping. We will make a seamstress out of her yet!



A great shot of the back


The front on the dress form. It was not cooperating with being put on the dress form, so I tacked it on

The finished back

The zipper...Its perfect..Thanks Aria for your help

packaged up

And Ready to go. 
So, with a big sigh of relief, I bid you adieu and good night!!

Nora Azevedo, Modiste and A Baronet's Daughter.

3 comments:

  1. looks great Nora- congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, just TRY to stop Charlotte! Tonight while working on the pink coat, she fell asleep in my lap while I was at my sewing machine! I hope Mari will send a lot of pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful honey! Yet another talent you have conquered! I love you and am so proud of you! --Love, mom

    ReplyDelete