Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Birthday presents. letters and pirates

So, my birthday is January 14th, but as I was out of town, and due to the fact that its not about presents, I received my "birthday" present from Mrs. Cunningham (who's birthday is today and her presents hasn't arrived yet..stupid Amazon..but I digress) in the form of two AMAZING wax seals and wax to use with them.

Yes, I received the N I requested, for my first name and it is delicate and lovely and can be converted to a necklace. SCORE!

Than, as a bonus, I received a SKULL AND CROSS BONES! For anyone who knows me at all knows that besides the lovely, elegant and mannerly regency that is my love, I am convinced that I should have been a pirate. I should have been one of those intrepid ladies who decided that she was going to pillage and live like a man, while retaining those delicate but razor sharp female sensibilities.

Like these ladies-Mary Reed and Anne Bonny and the lovely lady with parrot and eye patch.




The N Seal is delicate and very regency like and I will use that in my normal correspondence, as I am participating in a month of letters www.lettermo.com and I have to say, I really get a kick out of receiving them, but the writing is by far the most fun.

Here is my letter writing set up:


This has everything I need...a candle, the wax, my two seals and the correspondence I need to reply too.

Here are the seals and what they look like once applied..(as best as my little camera can do)





Needless to say, I love this set and will use it a lot, both of them. Mrs. Cunningham is most genius. I just hope that she enjoys the waffles that The Hungarican Chick and I will be making her tomorrow while we cackle around the dying pot. I will be posting about the adventures in dying cloth tomorrow.

I will leave you with a photo of my red flower, made today with red dupioni ribbon cut on across the grain and finished with a vintage button given to me by the ladies at the Button Emporium and Ribbonry. See, I told you they are awesome.


Good Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment