Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

The Rose Dress, completed.

Well, the Rose dress is done! I have posted some pictures on my facebook, but I thought it appropriate to let you all know its done!

I decided to go with a round gown form, as I had something like 8 yards to use, which, surprisingly, I didn't use it all. I got this lovely polished cotton rose pattern from a little Middle Eastern dude in the Fashion District in LA. If any of you are costume/clothier enthusiasts, I recommend saving up a small wad and going on down there. It can be a bit intimidating, and there is a lot to wade through, but it is soooo worth it. This lovely piece of 60+ inch wide polished cotton was only $2 a yard! booya!

So, here is the pictures! Enjoy!

Eliza Jane had to inspect it, of course, the fabric passed muster.

adding the drawstring
had to baste by hand the sleeve, since i had to do the fit on myself..took a couple of tries

at 1am, the stars told me to go to sleep

bodice finished

DONE! (except the hem on the sleeves. muah ha ha ha)
I plan on wearing this at the Pittock Mansion Picnic at the end of the month. I have a shallow brim hat to wear too..Yay!

Now, onto the pants. I keep putting them off, but I really need to get on them!

I'll keep you posted.

Nora A, Modiste, and A Baronets' Daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment