Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cancer and Regency, why they mix.

As some of you may know, recently, my mother has been diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer, above and beyond the Lukemia that she has been fighting for the last 11 years.

One of my dear friends, and Patroness, Mrs. Roll is the rock for her husband, who has been battling stage 4 colon cancer for 11 years. She does Regency happiness to help her maintain her sanity, and really, in our busy lives, I bet that is the case with many people. I have had the pleasure of making a huge portion of her regency wardrobe, in the continued hope that it brings her the joy she so needs.

Recently, Mr. Roll has taken a turn for the worse. I believe that there are many different options for them, which includes a procedure that will make it impossible for her to attend our Regency Retreat. I am so sad, but I understand entirely. Mr. Roll and his health comes first.

So, on that note, in honor of the fight that Mari and Phil are going through now, I am happy to take Regency commissions for Bath, or Nola or any event you will be attending, and I will donate 10% of all commissions from now until 2015 to The Cancer Society in the name of Mari and Phil Roll.

Please see my facebook page, for pictures of the things I have done. Send me pictures of things that make you happy, and let me make something inspired by those pictures.

My mother unfortunately, has decided not to fight her cancer, as she has been fighting for a decade and she can't fight two cancers and win. The depth of my sorrow, no words can describe. But, it's comforting to know that my love of sewing and my ability to do it is because of her. She is my favorite person on the planet and a part of her will live on in each Regency gown I create, since my talents came from her.

I leave you with a picture of better times. This is my mother and I, Circa 2000. I was 21, she was 45.

Yours,

Mrs. Azevedo, Modiste and A Baronet's Daughter

2 comments:

  1. My sincerest condolences go out to you, your family, and your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All will eventually be well, even if it is not how I planned it to be.

      Delete